Thursday, July 15

July 14th - best Stampede ever.

In my opinion, Calgary is known for only one thing, and that's the Stampede.


Above is what it claims to be. It is a great tourist attraction but if you live in Calgary you may get tired of it. Sure a lot of people look forward to it, me I dread it because it's usually same old, same old. Not this year, it was much better.

My mom and brother sat with me in the stands as we watched the free outdoor show. Now who watches America's Got Talent? Well I do! I remembered an act that was on the show last year and surprise! It was them, they were on stage!



That right there is ACRODUNK. They are an amazing act that does amazing tricks and flips while dunking a basket ball in mid-air. Later on in the day we saw their show again and were as blown away as the last time. Here is a video showing some footage of their amazing act.



When their act was finished a french duo from Quebec came to perform their act. They called themselves Circo Comedia, and they were spectacular. Though the comedy was geared towards kids I couldn't help but laugh so hard. Like ACODUNK, we saw them later in the day and I was able to film it. I also got a picture with the duo and I messed up on the pose. My brother got a picture with them too except he did better with the poses.

Here is a part of the act. The overall act was over 15 minutes long so I'm showing you guys my favorite part.

I have spent 1 hour and thirty minutes waiting for the video to upload. It won't because the file it way to big. I will try to upload it on YouTube and link it there when I am done.

My favorite part is when the guy pours water on his head and starts dancing like a maniac. One of my absolute favorite songs is maniac from the movie Flashdance. I thought that he would fit perfectly into the Movie.


A picture of the a near the end.


Here is a picture of me and Circo Comedia. Noticed how I fail at their theatric pose. My brother's picture turned out better than mine but doesn't want me to post any pictures of him on here, so I'm respecting his decision.

I took many photos with mascots. Here are the pictures.







I got a picture with almost ever single mascot except for



Energizer Bunny.


I also won my first prize at the Stampede! The game was a total rip off. Because it was 25 cents to play that may seem like a great deal but the game itself is hard to play. You have to push a ball and make sure it goes over a little hill and stays on that side. It's tricky because you can't push too hard or too soft.


That's what the game looks like. When we first entered the stampede we saw the exact same game that was 1$ and when we saw this we thought it was a deal because it is 25 cents. Don't be fooled this game is tricky, but I won!



Here he is ! He was prize number 1. So if I had played the game and won again I would trade him in for a bigger prize. You can trade till the 8th prize which is the biggest. When I won him I kept him and didn't play anymore, that game sure takes your quarters!

He is currently nameless so I need help naming him. If you'd like, leave a comment below giving me suggestions!

Here are some random pictures.








Overall I'd have to say that the Stampede this year was the best one for me yet. I didn't go on any of the rides but I went and saw the shows and the attractions. It was a really fun time. If you've never been to the Stampede I suggest that you go. It has a lot of tourist attractions. I think I'll be going to the Stampede every Summer unless m family and I go on vacation and leave Calgary.

One last reason you all should come to the Calgary Stampede.
It'll make you say.....

YEE-HAW

No comments:

Post a Comment