Tuesday, July 13

I feel like everything in the world has a label

I'm done posting secrets I made it through what 7 wow, I realized how stupid was I to even start. Time to start ranting about something that makes me quite angry.

LABELS
"Labels are for cans not people"

It's the summer of July 2010 and I've had an enormous epiphany. Everywhere you look, everything seems to have a label. You see a girl in shorts walking down the street, if her shorts are too short, she's labeled as a 'slut', if she's not skinny she is labeled as 'fat'. If she doesn't look like like the models in the magazines she's labeled as 'ugly'. Seriously who decided that it was right to label people? It'd not right, it's a horrible thing to do. People label everybody.

If a guy has a good fashion sense he's labeled 'gay', or if he's labeled as a 'jock' then obviously he's not smart. Who decided all of this? There are smart athletes out there! And has anybody out there heard of the word metro? It basically describes a guy who has great fashion sense. And just because you're gay doesn't mean you are amazing at fashion, that's just a biased stereotype. Labels aren't who we are, they don't express a persons personality or represent anything about them!

I hate how being smart is a bad thing, yet being a 'druggie' is cool. When did the world come to this. The smart are labeled as 'geeks' and 'nerds'. Then we have the 'popular' kids. They're all labels and they mean absolutely NOTHING.

I am passionate about the cruel labels being placed on people because though they may just be labels they do hurt. Not everybody has thick skin, and even those who don't the hurt will still pierce through. I've been labeled many things.
Here is a list of a few of them:
Geek/Nerd, Band Geek, Fat, Slut, Ugly, Poor, TLC kid (this is because I was attending a uniform program)

Am I a 'Geek/Nerd' because I study hard to get good grades? No. I study hard because I want to have a great future and I plan on going to University. I value my education.

Am I a 'Band geek' because I am enrolled in band? No. Since when is doing something you love pathetic. I love music, and I enjoying being able to express myself through my instrument. Music is form of art, and I love band because everybody in the class shares their love for the art.

Am I fat because I'm not a size zero? No. The media is obsessed with being thin, but thin isn't HEALTHY. I enjoy eating (I'm from Europe, so even if I didn't want to eat my parents wouldn't allow it) and I may not be very skinny but I am very healthy. I will dedicate a post to being healthy because I don't think people realize how important their health is. Models are airbrushed, and being too skinny is very unhealthy.

I have absolutely no idea why anybody would want to label me as a 'Slut'. The funny story is, my friend came running to me and told me that someone had written in the bathroom stall saying "Dea is a Slut". I nearly pissed myself laughing. I think the world slut is tossed around and people do not know the true definition of the word. I was 13 when I was called a slut and if you had seen me back then you would have called me quite the opposite. I rarely talked to boys much, I was in a uniform (but I didn't violate it in anyway) I was a Plain Mary. Haha look that's a label too.

Am I Ugly because I don't look like the models in the magazines? Truth is, they don't even look like that. I was recently flipping through channels and I came to Oprah's show. She said something quite wise and remember able. She told a woman who was struggling with looking perfect that "It took a village of people to make me look like this." That is so true! Nobody in the industry looks like who they are without the backup help from all the people working for them. And I don't wear a lot of makeup, though my face is not flawless it is 'fresh'. The girls who wear too much makeup are called 'Cake face'. See? More labels.

Am I poor? No. I am not poor whatsoever. I don't have as many luxuries as everybody else does, I don't blow off my money for current trends to fit in with the cool kids. I value what I have and if you see me as poor that's you're problem. My house is amazing, it's  three storey house and we have renovated it. Tell me, do poor people do that? God. Money arguments are so annoying.

Am I a TLC kid? NOT ANYMORE HAHA. I've left that horrible program. I no longer have to wear that horrible uniform. I'm contemplating on whether I should post a picture of the uniform, I'm afraid it will scar your eyes. Hehehe, I'll post it one day. But all in all, I really was a TLC kid, I know it's a label but really it fit. I was a kid in TLC. But I wasn't a Uni, that was one of the stupidest things people have ever called us. No, it's not short for unicorns. Uni was a word used for us "Uniform wearers".

This was a very long post, I feel I could've written an essay on this haha. I hope you all see how bad labels are. I mean there are good labels out there but I'm angry about the bad and mean ones. Thank you for taking the time to read through this whole post.. or even to the end. If you like my posts please follow. I enjoy ranting about important topics. Oh and don't forget the golden rule.

"TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED"









No comments:

Post a Comment