Monday, July 12

#7- I don't lose in a battle of wits

It's Monday, and even though it's summer it's still my least favorite day of the week. Today I learnt that I am amazing when it comes to a battle of the wits. Confrontations don't scare me anymore, you can win them by wit. I've been in numerous amounts of "fights" I don't see why people call them fights when usually nobody ends up hitting each other. Both sides just yell at random words that come to mind and they think they are winning; of course they are making themselves look like total and complete idiots. I don't know about you guys but when I watch people "fight" I feel like immediately bursting out into laughter. If you're going to make a scene, at least know what you're talking about. A fight is actually a battle of wits, and not everybody has wits, which is why I have created a list on how you can succeed in a battle of wits.

First of all, what IS the definition of wit? I googled "define wit" and it came up with this.
"a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter"
Think about it, when people argue it tends to be quite funny as both sides are making complete fools of themselves.


How To Succeed in a Battle of Wits

Remember that awkward phase we all go through in middle school? When Yo Mama joke battles were all the rage? Well my first tip is to seriously study those battles. They may seem like really cheesy jokes, but they are witty puns that rack up points to win the battle.

This next tip is important to remember for everyday life. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be
"CONFIDENT"

Google defines "confidence" as "First of all, what IS the definition of wit? I googled "define wit" and it came up with this.
"assurance: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities"

Be confident, don't slouch your shoulder. Pull your shoulders back, push your chest out, lift your head up high and look your opponent straight into the eyes. Don't show any signs of weakness, don't stutter and don't look away. Be confident with your comebacks to whatever they say to you.

What do you do when you have completely run out of wits to say to them? I don't remember who told me, but it is a wise saying.
"Fake it, till you make it"
That saying works perfectly in this situation. When you see lawyers on TV arguing (the media IS A BIG lie, that's not what happens in real life) when they are in a tight spot they fake it till they make it.

My last piece of advice may seem quite silly but practice, practice, practice. If you have insider info from a friend and they know when the confrentation is going to happen and what it's going to be about prepare yourself. Study up, you don't want to look like a fool in the fight.

I hope these help you in some way, these are the guidlines I follow. I study, I practice and I make sure I'm confident. I don't lose in battles of wit because I am prepared. I'm not the one looking like a fool in the "fight" they are. And that's how it should be.






No comments:

Post a Comment