Wednesday, July 28

Day after ACL reconstruction

Well let's just say to everything in life there is good and bad. Take me for example, I don't think I can ever catch a break. My ACL is fixed, but because of my 3 year injury they had to completely remove my meniscus. This will cause me trouble in the long run as my bones will be rubbing against each other. I'm going to be old and in pain. Whoop-di-doo. The worst part of the surgery was after when I woke up. I had no idea how disgusting anesthetics were. The man told me it'll smell bad, but I had no idea how sick it would make me. I've never liked doctors, I've never liked nurses, I've never liked anything medical related. The nurses were so rude, first of all they can't pronounce my name, second of all they think I can't hear them and they talk amongst each other on how floppy I am because I couldn't follow directions. How am I supposed to, my brain was shut off I felt like vomiting. They ere so inconsiderate, I hate how just because you're a nurse you're better than me, or just because you're a Doctor you're better than everybody else. Wait 10 years, that's when I'm out of university and I'll have the last laugh.

So my knee is frozen, every time I walk I become so dizzy. I can sleep in only one position, and I need help with everything. I have to see the surgeon again in 2 weeks to talk about my meniscus and rehabilitation. It's going to take me a while to become healthy again. I feel so depressed, I'm wondering if my plan to do sports will even exist. Meniscus is a shock absorber. Without it I'll have to go through a lot. I'm not going to put any pictures of my knee as it is a bit gory and I myself can't bare to look at it. Just want to warn you all that my plan to blog everyday will not happen as even now I am very dizzy. I'm on 3 medications to reduce inflammation, nausea and the pain.

Even though the pain is excruciating, and I no longer have meniscus in my left knee, I am staying positive. This is not a time in my life to be negative. I have the support of my family and my good friends. I've realized something. A friend who I thought was my friend invited everybody to a going away party on the day of my surgery, I found that quite rude as she had told me before she was going to invite me. People really show their true colours. I am in the works of writing my book. There are so many things that I have kept hidden in the world. I'm 15 and now it's time for me to set my mark on the world. I am not who everybody thinks I am, I have goals, I have passions and I had knee surgery.


Dea is gone temporarily. I plan on making the most out of this healing time. I have to start my phase rehabilitation soon but I am going to also:
1. Learn how to play saxophone for jazz auditions
2. Learn how to play some more songs on piano
3. Start sewing - again
4. Clean my facebook - again
5. read some books
6. Go to the lake in my crutches sit on a chair in the grass and hopefully get another tan??
7. Take my brother to go see avatar in 3D in theatres - AGAIN.

Yea there's only so much I can do, and right now I'm going to go watch sunshine cleaning or whatever the movie is called.

I don't know when my next post will be but this is leave is only temporary. I don't have many followers so that doesn't matter. I love my blog, I love ranting, I love talking in posts, even if nobody reads them, I LOVE THE BLOG ATMOSPHERE. Okay I'm getting a bit sick now, until next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment