Saturday, June 26

O Sole Mia

I spent the day with my family at Fishcreek today. Oh the memories that will forever haunt me; on the plus side I got to sleep in :)
My father and I decided to go on our walk at Fishcreek, we were both wearing sandals and clothing that was not meant for exercise. I brought along my brother's ipod to listen to. While walking with my intensely cool Polaroid sunglasses and my Indiana Jones hat from Australia I listened to one of my absolute favorite songs, Time To Pretend, by the Über talented band, MGMT. The song finishes and I ask my dad if he wants to listen to Pavarotti, he nods his head and I switch the song to O Sole Mia.



I am lucky to have a dad who has a love for art and truely knows how to appreciate it. If it wasn't for him, I would never have been able to learn and experience the art that the legendary Luciano Pavarotti created.

I blasted the music as loud as the panasonic headphones allowed me too, as soon as Pavarotti began to sing my father burst out into grand theatrics. I joined him, I could care less that there were 2 ladies walking behind us; we were there at the park for ourselves not for them. Whenever I listen to Pavarotti I feel this energy that I've never felt before, he inspires me to be great. I am saddened by his death but he is a legend, and legends live forever.

Today was a very fun day, full of laughs, mosquito bites, bad tans and theatric singing.
June 26th 2010 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment