Saturday, October 1

She said I have talent

I was given a very special opportunity. Something very exciting happened to me on Thursday.

Have you heard of a band called Hollerado? Not familiar with them? Well I have conveniently posted some videos of their music.









What happened Thursday afternoon? Well I interviewed & met them, and it was really great! I had a lot of fun, the guys were really nice, and very down to earth, very easy to talk to. I interviewed Dean, he plays the bass. He wore a a stripped yellow shirt, skinny jeans and a white cowboy hat. He had a full beard and was insanely cool, and very nice. Then again, I have yet to meet a hyper bearded fellow, I'm sure that day will come soon.

Anyways! I had to take a picture of where the interview had taken place. It was at the top of a bar in a open dusty room, where the windows were dirty but you had a clear view of the streets below. It was a bonus room, probably used as an extra for when the facility is packed. Here is what it looked like:

Sorry about the lighting and the picture quality. I had to rush to get the photo.
Here is the order in which we sat:

It was surprisingly cozy

Afterwards, I got a picture with the whole band. 

Tall Medium Short Medium Tall
Jake, Nixon, Dea, Menno, Dean






















I had a really fun day, they were all so nice. I would've gone to their show, but you had to be 18! Well next time!


After the interview the editor was telling me how well I did, and this was very nice to hear. My first time interviewing a band wasn't as eventful as I had hoped. I was really happy that my second interview turned out great! Anyways, she told me I have a natural talent for journalism, talking comes easily to me. This was a huge compliment, I didn't really know how to take it. Oprah has always been an inspiration in my life, and when the editor complimented me I just had to bring Oprah up. I'm sure you can guess what the rest of the car ride was about - no it wasn't all Oprah, we talked about a lot of stuff in the media. I had a revelation that day; I still haven't decided my career path, but hopefully I will wind up happy and successful. That is something I look forward to.

As for the interview? It was 20 minutes long, I have to transcribe it all now. I hate listening to my voice back on tape, does anybody else have this problem? Well I'm just going to suck it up and finish it when I wake up (it's past 1 am.. and well this isn't helping my sleep schedule). I'll post the full interview when it goes public.

I end this post on an optimistic quote.

"Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have" - Anonymous

Until the next adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment